Name:
Location: Montreal

Monday, May 16, 2005

Barrista

this is an ode to the beautiful, hard working, coffee slinging young women across our fair city. they are the unsung heroes of our day to day lives and they deserve our respect.
this is my way of saying, Thank You.

jump start my morning with your caffeinated smile
join me on the sofa, talk books for a while
as i watch your little hands, fixin' my fritata
you move with skill and grace, a queen of boiling wata
dip my fingers in your jar
adding to your tips
maybe meet you after work
lick the latte from your lips
i read your nametag, but that's not enough
you smell like coffee but i bet you taste like love

Barrista

i'm sick and tired of this counter in between us
lather up your body with my non-dairy creama's
java-caffa express, deluxe moccachino
me and my matress, gotta get you in between-o
dark hair
tight jeans
wanna take you home
watch you grind my beans
can't sleep
need help
girl you really steam my milk

Barrista

5 Comments:

Blogger Owen said...

That is a great poem :) We've all thought it but you've said it. Great blog!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

on behalf of the barristas of this fair city: you're welcome.

also, did you write that? it's hilarious...and a little creepy.

5:13 AM  
Blogger mike said...

i did write.
and am creepy.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Suzanne Zappia said...

haaha. wow- i actually laughed out loud just there. [and not just a pretend 'lol'].

4:26 AM  
Blogger mike said...

the 'get you in between-o' part is my favorite.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home