Name:
Location: Montreal

Friday, April 07, 2006

dark side of the goon

there is only one thing worse than getting stuck behind a very tall person at a rock concert, and that's getting stuck behind a very tall person who is dancing like a lunatic.

"gee..i'm already like 6'4", maybe if i toss my lanky as fuck arms in the air i can seem like 7'2" or something.
and i'll flail them around too!
look at my fucking wingspan!
ok...now i'm gonna sway violently from side to side.
oh yeah...now we're cooking. no one can see shit.
people love the taste of my elbows!
i am a monolith of social ignorance!"

now i've been stuck behind some chumps at shows before, but this guy was something else. he wasn't even directly in front of me, he was like three people over and he was still fucking my view.
he was really losing it.
Snakes on a Plane losing it.
and the weirdest part?
when i managed to advance forward, out from the Dark Side of the Goon, i looked back, just to see who this reprobate was.
and his face was a snarling mask of pain and hatred.
(let me inform you that this was a Broken Social Scene show, NOT a Cradle of Filth show.)
what the fuck was his problem?
why was he doing this?
probably hopped up on Goofballs.
(and not the good kind of Goofballs. angry Goofballs.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have no idea. This shit happens to me all the time. I especially don't like it when it's a girl in heels, the drunk kind, that can't stand up and she doesn't even know the goddamn band.

5:29 PM  
Blogger mike said...

it makes me absolutely Bonkers.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Eugene_L said...

That's why I always carry my switchblade, "Cousin Stabby", with me when I go to concerts.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Id rather that than the Edmonton Problem
two words
"Fashioncore Mosh"

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home